It’s time to make fertility resolutions for 2019
After celebrating New Year’s Eve, it’s time to start thinking about your resolutions for 2019. Rather than making the usual ones, our Dallas fertility center team recommends making some meaningful fertility resolutions. With the right plan and mindset, you can make progress to accomplish your family-building goals this year.
A list of our top fertility resolutions
As experts in fertility, our doctors know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to fertility resolutions. To help you make your New Year’s resolutions for this year, our Dallas fertility center team has created a list of our top fertility resolutions.
- Recognize when you need to see a fertility doctor. It can be hard to admit, but pregnancy doesn’t come easily for everyone. If you’re under 35 and have been trying to conceive for a year, you should schedule an appointment with a fertility doctor. If you’re over 35, you should make this appointment after six months of trying. Unfortunately, the chance of conceiving without some intervention beyond these markers, even when all testing is normal, is less than 4% per month.
- Take time for your health. Eat a balanced and healthy diet, and make physical activity a part of your routine. This can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight, which can improve fertility. Our Dallas fertility center team also recommends avoiding cigarettes and excessive alcohol use because they can have an adverse effect on fertility.
- Be open with your partner. Facing infertility isn’t easy, but having support from your partner can help. Be honest with your partner about your concerns and feelings. This will help you feel understood and supported, and help you develop a plan to welcome a baby.
- Take up a hobby. If you’re consumed by fertility treatments and thoughts of infertility, it may be time to take up a new hobby. Not only can hobbies be a great distraction, they can also reduce stress.
- Realize it’s not your fault. Many hopeful parents blame themselves or feel shame when they’re facing infertility. There are so many causes of fertility issues, and it’s important to realize that infertility is not your fault. It’s a treatable medical condition that our Dallas fertility center team will work with you to overcome.
Take the first step today
The New Year is one of the best times to take the first step on your journey to bring home a healthy baby. Make your fertility resolutions and take action today. Contact us to schedule an appointment and learn how the right diagnosis and treatment can help you overcome infertility.