Dr. Sara Mucowski
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology.
“I believe that every person who walks through my door deserves an individualized approach to their care. While I offer evidence-based facts regarding treatment options, I recognize that there is still so much science that has yet to be discovered regarding fertility. I want every patient to know I am working my hardest to help them reach their family-building dreams.”
– Dr. Sara Mucowski
About Dr. Sara Mucowski, fertility specialist
A fertility doctor who personally understands the fertility treatment process
Dr. Mucowski has been through the IVF (in vitro fertilization) process herself to freeze eggs, so she is intimately aware of the time, emotional and financial investment, as well as the risks, complications and general hormonal fluctuations that go with IVF.
Why Dr. Mucowski became a fertility doctor
“I enjoy helping people grow their families. Seeing their wide grins and happy tears melts my heart every time.”
Dr. Mucowski always wanted to be a doctor. In high school she fell in love with science, genetics and reproduction, which lead her to the field of obstetrics and gynecology. As a medical student, she learned about the subspecialty of reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). She knew then she had found her calling.
Dr. Mucowski works hard to see her patients at almost every office visit, whether that’s an ultrasound, hysterosalpingography or a consult. This allows her to be available for questions, to address any concerns the patient has and to learn about any updates to the person’s health.
She also takes her time to explain the big picture, breaking it down to little details with drawings during the patient’s or couple’s first visit.
Board certified in reproductive endocrinology & infertility and in obstetrics & gynecology
Dr. Sara Mucowski earned a Bachelor of Science in biology from Villanova University and then her Medical Doctorate at Drexel University from the College of Medicine in a prestigious six-year combined program. While gaining both of these degrees she was also an emergency medical technician (EMT).
She then completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Texas. From there Dr. Mucowski completed a reproductive endocrinology and infertility fellowship at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California.
After completing her fellowship, Dr. Mucowski joined Dallas IVF in 2014.
- Mom Approved Fertility Specialist, DFW Child Magazine. (2022)
- Super Doctors Rising Star Texas. (2016 – 2018)
- The Best Doctors Dallas County Award, D Magazine. (2020 – 2021)
- Research Award for Outstanding Research Endeavor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California. (2014)
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society In-training Scholarship Recipient. (2012, 2013, 2014)
- First Place Resident Research Day, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch. (2011)
- Administrative Chief Resident, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch. (2010-2011)
- Resident Reporter at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. (2010)
- Golden Apple Award, for Excellence in Medical Student Teaching, University of Texas Medical Branch. (2009)
- Golden Apple Award, for Excellence in Medical Student Teaching, University of Texas Medical Branch. (2008)
- Recognition for Outstanding Service, Radnor Fire Company, Ambulance Division. (2005)
- Recognition for Outstanding Service, Villanova EMS. (2004)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society.
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
- Collin-Fannin County Medical Society.
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute – National Co-Leader.
What patients say about Dr. Mucowski
“Dr. Mucowski is not only a wonderful person but a very skilled clinician. Immediately when my husband and I meet with her for our first consultation we felt very relaxed. She explained everything very, very well. I love that she draws pictures the old fashion way. She explained the reasons behind infertility, the options that we had and how to proceed. After our first consultation we felt empowered again and we felt positive again for the first time in several months.”