Dr. Dara Havemann
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology.
“My approach to care is to treat each patient uniquely and as a whole. I gather information to better understand the specifics of what is affecting each person’s chance of conceiving. With this information, I can better create an individualized plan of care that can then achieve higher pregnancy rates in the most efficient manner.”
– Dr. Dara Havemann
About Dr. Dara Havemann, fertility specialist
A fertility doctor who personally understands the fertility treatment process
Dr. Havemann understands on a very personal level the issues infertility patients face, because she has struggled with infertility herself. Diagnosed with PCOS-related infertility, she and her husband went through in vitro fertilization (IVF) for the birth of their twins, a boy and girl. Her second son was born via frozen embryo transfer.
Her own experience with fertility treatments helps her relate directly with each patient, which helps them feel more at ease.
Why Dr. Havemann became a fertility doctor
“There is nothing more gratifying than helping someone have a family when they have been struggling to do so – to be present and help my patients physically, emotionally and scientifically through the entire process.”
Dr. Havemann believes that her patients need to understand what they are facing, what is going on with their bodies, and why specific treatments would work best based on their diagnosis. Her patients appreciate this approach. She wants people to be empowered by this information, as opposed to being afraid of the enigma of infertility.
When patients first come into her office, Dr. Havemann understands that everyone is nervous or frustrated about the prospect of infertility. She puts them at ease by breaking the treatment process down step by step, including complex issues, and developing a plan that is clear and not overwhelming.
She also speaks in clear terms that are not too “doctory” so she and her patients can comfortably decide on a game plan together.
Did you know?
- Dr. Havemann grew up on a farm in Missouri. The first baby she ever delivered was a calf when she was 9 years old.
- She has lived in McKinney for more than 12 years.
- Dr. Havemann and her husband have a personal interest in historic home preservation.
Board certified in reproductive endocrinology & infertility and in obstetrics & gynecology
Dr. Dara Havemann received her Bachelor of Arts in liberal arts and her Medical Doctorate through a prestigious accelerated medical program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She then completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology and a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Simultaneously, she earned a Master of Medical Science in reproductive endocrinology and infertility research from the University of Texas.
After completing her fellowship, Dr. Havemann joined Dallas IVF in 2012 as a fertility specialist at the McKinney location.
- The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Award.
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine recognition for proficiency in laparoscopy.
- Best All Around Resident, University of Texas Medical Branch.
- Outstanding medical student teaching awards.
- Texas Association of Obstetrics and Gynecologists research recognition on the topic of ovarian aging.
- Mom Approved Doctor, DFW Child Magazine.
- Voted to Texas Super Doctors “Rising Star” by Texas Monthly. (2015 – 2017)
- The Best Doctors Dallas County Award, D Magazine. (2018, 2020)
- Texas Super Doctors, Texas Monthly. (2018, 2019)
- The Best Doctors Collin County Award, D Magazine. (2015 – 2020)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- The Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- American Medical Association.
What patients say about Dr. Havemann
“I enjoyed going through the experience [with Dr. Havemann]. I know that sounds funny because who wants to go through IVF? But they make it so easy and are so friendly while treating you like family. They really want you to succeed and you can feel that. [That support] makes it a lot better than you can ever imagine. And the fact that Dr. Havemann had actually gone through the process really made me feel like she knew what I needed.”